Thursday, June 17, 2004

Freedom

Yes, I have been finally liberated from the chains of academic torture. It could have gone much better i think, but it's no use thinking about how i did... it's all over. nothing i can do, or how much i can worry, is gonna change it. Entrusting it to Him is all i can do.

On a different note, have been partying loads since i have been liberated from exams and tonight, was fun proper dancing...i think monday was better though. We performed at the Marketplace and it was wicked...
tonight, there was this bloke at the club who was pretty good looking.. but he was so obviously looking for a pull, coming on to almost every girl he managed to make eye contact with. I have always wondered why some people get so desperate when they don't need to be in the first place. and then there are those who obviously don't go out very often and they make such a big fuss over someone expressing interest and spend the whole night moaning about how they didn't take the chance...it really amuses me. In the midst of the intoxication of the night, I was quietly playing the voyeur, observing everyone from up on the platform - dancing away, but peculiarly observing the machinations of the ongoings inside the average club.
I sometimes don't know if i should pity them, or is it unecessary condescension on my part because it's all part of life. some people can't help how they feel or how they behave.

I would hate living a provincial existence. I pity those who do. And I hope I never reach that stage.
But at some level, do all of us, at some point, live a provincial existence? Is it not unavoidable?

I hate provinciality. And it disgusts me to be surrounded by it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home