Sunday, August 29, 2004

Momentus Life-changing Decision

That's what a friend calls it, but I don't think that statement is qualified.

What he is referring to, in case you're wondering, is deciding on what name I should use for my Gmail account.

As you may vaguely recall a post written about a year ago, I have been desiring a Gmail email account for some time, mainly because it's got 1GB worth of storage space so my mails will NEVER bounce ever again, (horror experiences from the pathetic 2MB mailbox size that hotmail provides) and now I have been finally bestowed that privilege from this same friend (don't say I didn't thank you) and of course, what followed was an agonising contemplation on what login name I should use for this never-can-be-changed-biggest-storage-mailbox-space-available email address.

My dilemma arises from whether I should adopt an anonymous login (in the case of any unforseen impulse to write something liable, no one could sue me) or a professional login that involves my name - the kind of email address that people will remember because.. well, it is your name.

Any suggestions?

I told my friend I'd sleep on it - that was when he said 'good luck on this momentus life-changing decision'... goodness, it's not like i'm getting married or anything.

On a separate note, as our conversation continued.. the subject of anonymity and my penchant for using alphabet names came up:

An excerpt of our msn conversation:

heaven knows says:
start a blog!

heaven knows says:
it'd be funny

duckshoe says:
I can't start a blog

duckshoe says:
I can't write blogs..have boring life

duckshoe says:
be something like " today I had lunch alone, like most days. I hate going to restaurants alone, people look at you like you're a loser. ANyway I ordered a....."

duckshoe says:
how freaking sad is that

heaven knows says:
hahahaha

heaven knows says:
yes that is freaking sad

heaven knows says:
but i will still laugh

heaven knows says:
hahaha

duckshoe says:
yeah, I know. that's why i don't write about myself

duckshoe says:
also don't want my parents to know I eat right out of the pan due to sheer lazinees to wash up

heaven knows says:
hahaha

heaven knows says:
i do that too, dont worry

heaven knows says:
and dont let ur parents know u have a blog, silly!

heaven knows says:
do u think my mum reads mine???

duckshoe says:
too late

duckshoe says:
I am google-able

duckshoe says:
dunno, maybe your mom would take a great interest in your escapades with variosu letters of the alphabet

heaven knows says:
she'd not be very happy to hear 'today i had some drinks, smoked some fags, rolled a spliff and got shattered on mushrooms at a house party'

duckshoe says:
soon, you may run out of letters and move on to numbers

heaven knows i'm overworked and underpaid... says:
hahaha..

duckshoe says:
"tonight I went out with A1574. I think he's cool in relaxed sort of way, nothing seems to phase him, not even when a3541 spilled his beer on him"

heaven knows says:
hahahaha

heaven knows says:
you crack me up

heaven knows says:
i dont think i'll run out of alphabets anytime soon

duckshoe says:
fat people have some redeeming traits

heaven knows says:
there are different permutations, like QH, or VJ or something like that

duckshoe says:
true true...though might need VJ2 and QH3

duckshoe says:
sounding like announcements at the airport now


Isn't he funny?

I think I shall sleep on it for a night... and make this apparently life-changing decision tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home