Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Historic moment

Today, the 22nd of September, marks a historic moment in my life.

No, not because I drove from where I was to my carpark at a record time (although that would have been nice).... but because....

I NOW OWN MY FIRST EVER VIDEOCAM!!!!!!!

It was such a pure sweet moment when I left the shop with the camera in my hands... it was a moment marked in my life. It was an elation uncaptured by words, understood by subtleties and etched in memory...

I have dabbled with various lame cameras before... but finally, I own one to call my own... and I can finally embark on that director's career I have dreamt about for so long, but have never had the chance to translate into reality. At least now that I have started with one, I can almost taste the string of increasingly sophisticated cameras coming my way. (when I finally reach the stage when I can actually afford them without having to repay my mum in installments for it..this one cost me a very painful $1,400. ouch. goodbye to the ipod i was saving for.. and the plan to upgrade my car in england...)

I spent a good part of the night left after I came home, filming my family... in particular my brothers. I uncovered a natural acting talent in the family : Sam. He is the atypical typical 17-angsty-year-old, good-looking, charming, desired by girls... but lazy, childish and....well, typical teenage boy, really. He provided various humourous antics for me to film, and I have discovered he has a natural disposition in front of the camera.... similar can't be said to the rest of my family who felt embarrassed to be in front of the camera, said 'hello' and waved me away. My mum insisted her hair was too messy and she was in Pjs, and that meant I can't film her.... I had to reassure her numerous times this was not going to be on national tv... but she wouldn't be appeased: don't go round showing this to your friends okay... , she pleaded. I was just amused.

After indulging in loads of filming and playing back, and getting the feel of the camera... I proceeded to unpack my box of camera goodies.... only to find that the bastards at the shop didn't include my ac adaptor in my box. ie. I can't charge my batteries... both of them, in fact. I bought an extra one to prolong my filming hours... and am now so annoyed that they actually left the most important item out. Funnily enough, the exact thing happened to me when I went to this same complex (think: Sim Lim) to buy my laptop almost three years ago. I was well excited about it (not as much as this, of course) and when I got home I realised I couldn't turn my computer on because they conveniently forgot to give me my adaptor. Which meant I had to go back all the way there the next day (think: half an hour travelling time!)... which means, I have to go back all the way there again tomorrow despite the fact that I haven't packed a single thing in my luggage, and I'm flying off on Friday.
sigh.

Am going out to walas to meet C and T now... was torn between staying and playing with my new baby, and going out... but I'm not gonna be home much longer so I better utilise the time left.

Now, I'm happy to say nothing can upset me further for now I own the most powerful art tool in my hands...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home