Thursday, November 25, 2004

Letter from Singapore


"But the Straits Times as a model of dynamic, open-minded journalism? It will happen on the day that it starts to snow here on the equator."


I read with amusement this letter and its responses.

It's ironic how over-generalizations and sweeping statements never go out of fashion. It becomes doubly paradoxical that it is often those who proclaim self-integrity who commit the very crimes they attest to loathing.

Having said that, the amusing accusation is not without the slightest element of truth, speaking from personal experience.

Newsrooms should be a bundle of nerve-racking vibrancy and energy - not a burial ground for living corpses.

But I am too tired from thinking about two pending 5,000 word essays to say more.

(At this point, I am really tempted to begin another post about Tuesday night's Battle of the Dances at Leicester since I'm in a blogging frame of mind and will probably forget it all if I don't write it down.)

But, due to unforseen circumstances, there shall be no further comments.
Until further notice.
Or until I've sorted my life out.
Or when I can't be arsed with work anymore and am desperate to extend the degree of my procastination.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home