Sunday, July 24, 2005

Finally!

Woohoo!
I have finally managed to give my blog the overdue facelift I planned a long time ago...

You have no idea how agonising it has been. I have searched countless websites for free blogskins and templates, only to find disgusting cutesey ones which always turn the cursor into a '+' and has some kind of gaudy image/design that makes me almost convulse when I see it.

After going through so many, I decided finally to make my own. All that you see has been built from scratch - I had to experiment with so many different commands. My photoshop skills, inevitably, have been pushed right to the edge of its limits, as far as it can go without consulting the manual.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied. Except that there's this space above my thinking cloud which I can't seem to get rid of. Any suggestions?

Also, I can't seem to use my text-justify command without double-spacing my entire chunk of text. Only when I align it to the left, will my text body appear as a decent size. I hope people are seeing what I'm seeing - from experience, sometimes different computers show up different things due to framing etc. If it looks disastrously wrong to you, please let me know!

Right, on to updates. I can't believe I haven't written since my last post - once again overwhelmed by that feeling that I have so much to write I don't know where to start. Definitely, I have left behind that era which I last blogged about. Since then, I had returned from Cornwall, got my results, saw a cricket match, went to Switzerland and Germany, finally graduated, and returned home....

Where I am starkly feeling more and more, that I don't belong.
I feel displaced. Not that I want to... but besides home - my family and close friends - my country does not feel like my country anymore.
I dream about waking up instead in silly blighty for all its horrible weather.
It's getting rather muggy here - or it has always been like that and I am re-discovering it now.
Maybe I'm only feeling this way because of things I've left behind.

But anyway, tomorrow begins another chapter!
I start my 4th internship tomorrow and have to get up at bloody 8am. I guess it's healthier this way.

Have not had a chance to go mad partying since I've been back and I actually feel a strange inclination not to be in a mad rush to get out. (but I've only been back since Thursday)

We'll see how things turn out.
Now that I'm at work with regular access to the internet, I hope to be making improvements on this new look - and to write more, of course.

Time for bed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home