Friday, December 16, 2005

It's done!

Finally.... the final edition of our newpspaer is done!!! *dances*
No more crazy Thursdays and reading all news in the world and trying to relate it to South London or being on the lookout all the time for breaking news.
Well, will probably still do the latter but we don't have to necessarily write it if we don't want to. It's now a choice!

In the midst of my elation and relief, however, I already feel like know I'm going to miss doing this.

I shouldn't, really... since in the very long forseeable future, I am going to do nothing but this.

The lights are all up, the temperature is just about feels (freezing) right... I need to sing more carols to get into the Christmas mood.

Ladbrokes is offering odds for snow on Christmas day.. I really hope it snows. I mean, if it's going to be so cold, it damn might as well start snowing so at least it'll be pretty. It'll make up for not being at home and having the huge fat Christmas lunch with the family, not being able to attend Christmas mass at St Mary's... and also not having all my best friends around. (yes, you, the one in Singapore happily eating loads of hawker food, the one skiing in Canada and the one flirting in California!)

***

I was doing a voxpop for our newspaper yesterday and as a fun-type thing, we went around asking people what they wanted for Christmas this year. This really good looking bloke actually said to me "World Peace" - I stared incredulously at him and said, you're joking right. But he wasn''t.
"No, really. I want peace on earth."
Okay then, can you say anything else more interesting?

(pause)

"Oh, and a glider. You know, the sort you can float in the air with. It doesn't even need petrol."

Then he laughed.

Right.. he was very funny. And lives at Elephant & Castle.

Then there was this other girl, who took such a long time thinking about question.
Finally, she said

"Love."

(really?)

"It encompasses everything, from politics to finding the right one. I want more than an alcoholic Christmas where you get so drunk and then wake up in the morning with someone you don't know."

Haha...

When I got back, the class were pissing themselves over the quote. Some said it was cheesy, some claimed that Christmas was never a time to get laid, it's a time people talk to their Grans.

But yknow, I think she really meant it. I know cos I was there - and I could tell she didn't mean it in a cheesy way. Fair play to her, I think. You can't really blame someone wanting love for Christmas, right?

***

Anyway, really need to finishing packing for almost a month away. What I'll love most this Christmas this year, is being able to come home without wishing that someone was there with you.. and not having to make those bloody long distance phone calls everyday.

Yay!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home