Monday, December 06, 2004

"I'd love to share me with you..."

You know sometimes it's not that I don't want to write, it's just there's just so much to write that I don't know where to begin and I get tired even before I start.

So here's my solution.

In fragments..

I survived the worst essay hell, have been partying so much since then it's atrocious how lightly I take the suffering I'm going to go through for this next one due by the end of the week when I obviously know that I should have started sooner.

Went ice-skating for the third time at the Skydome for E's birthday - it's a good number. Many are ice-skating virgins or only been there once. I changed my skates bloody three times before I got a decent one that
1. wasn't too big
2. didn't eat into my feet
3. actually had friction on the blades so I wouldn't be sliding and slipping every five seconds with my legs turning outwards like a twat.

so I got quite into the groove.. and started trying fancy things like spinning round and skating backwards... only to fall about three times (quite gracefully) but that is now showing rather (unbeautifully) on my kneecaps. I've got two huge purple bruises on my knees that surpassed the ones that I ended up with at Equinox when I puked five times and got carried out and woke up in the morning with bruises too. These ones are actually almost as big as a whole cd. I look like I was born with purple knees. Not feeling terribly sexy about it at the mo..

They're clearing up though - just in time before I go home, hopefully. If not my mum is gonna think I'm being abused.

Life is full of surprises - people turn up when you least expect them to and you learn something new everyday.

1. I had someone ** my navel.

2. I discovered that my big sofa chair in the room, is actually not quite as stable as I thought it is. I fell backwards while on it four times on friday night. The chair actually tipped backwards - I hope it isn't coz I'm getting heavier.
I woke up the next morning quite surprised I didn't hit my head on the sink behind my chair.

3. I suddenly remembered I still had some stuff left over from Glastonbury - and that there's never an expiry date to these substances.
And my spliff-rolling skills have not deserted me either.

4. Smoking habits can be kicked by hypnotism... You can actually get a licence to practice hypnotism apparently.

5. Fellini was declared 'probably the most famous director in the world who is living' about a few years ago? Before he died, obviously.

6. Some people refer to ex-es in the present tense.

7. That I'm flying back this saturday (mark the 12th in your calendar and get in touch!) - which I am, as usual, having mixed feelings about. I'm gonna have to go through the whole uprooting process again - which always disconcerts me. I spend the 13 hours flight in a mental darkness reflecting on what had happened since the last time I had such a rite of passage. And everytime I do that, I am always immensely surprised by the turn of events.

8. I can't decide if I love life the way it is - or whether I'd settle for something less complicated. I sometimes wish life to be simpler - but frankly I doubt I'd be any happier with a less complciated existence.

9. Someone gave me real, actual mustard seeds the other day.

10. There is no repentance to my essay procastination despite having sworn to have had the worst essay night in my life - and having a 'remember to start essays NOW' warning pasted right in front of my face on my wall behind the computer.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home