Friday, September 23, 2005

Introducing..... the camera whores!

Forget the latest fads - camera whoring is the new in thing.

I thought it was just a random phase a good girlfriend on mine is going through...
but it has dawned on me it's not just a one-off thing... first it was a friend, then another, then another.. and my cousin! on the streets i even spotted the ah bengs camera whoring today.... this cultural phenomena spreading even quicker than.... anorexia.

We have been so trigger happy this hols and I can't remember when I've taken as many photos in Sg as I have taken this hols.. and am increasingly annoyed that I can't post pictures frivolously on my website.

Therefore, as the practical solutions provider...


I am setting up a new photoblog!

Have been meaning to for ages and now is the perfect time for it - you will know the address is due course but it won't be linked to this.

It has been a mad crazy past few days for me.. have caught up with so many people I should rightfully have done so quite a long time ago. but it's only when you leave when there's a mad scramble to do everything you want to do - at the last minute.

Again.

Sigh. Once a procrastinator - always a procrastinator?
I refuse to accept my fate.

Yet again, it is less than 24 hours before I due to fly and my luggage is still unopened. Yes, I have packed nothing (Lynne, this is WORSE than when u were struggling!).
I attempted to just now and to my horror, my big luggage - on which I was going to begin the immense task of dumping everything in - is spoilt. On the inside.
So nobody realised it and now I don't have a luggage! (Resisting all temptation to wail.)

I will sort this out tomorrow - on the bright side, I get my beauty sleep. Which I am dying for. You would think that when I stopped work I would have more sleep but I've ended up having less.

I also finally did something I've been wanting to do for ages and went to get some curls in my hair with W today!
It was painfully expensive but I'm very happy with the result. hehe. Then went for dinner with the cousins today and we proceeded to Kbox... a previously unchartered territory.
But I had so much fun.

Singer(s) in the making... don't play.

We came across this tune - Emil Chau's Peng You (translated = Friends) [okay, Chau is this really previous-generation singer] and we used to belt this song out at graduation in our secondary school days. Suddenly, I was caught in an emotional moment - it's great us cousins have become closer. And it was also almost painful.... bittersweet... to recall those MG days. And how far we have gone from there. All the cam-whoring and photos taken this hols have just nailed the feeling right home that every moment no matter how intense is only ephemeral. And all that we've left are our memories. Which we try our best to solidify... but can never return to.

This summer has now ended... and once again, another chapter begins. Somewhat the last of a certain era.

I fly tomorrow so all you guys, I'm gonna miss you so much. Thanks for such a wonderful summer... I'm going to have the photos to remember it by, trust me. I'll be back next October to start a really different phase...

but for now



I feel an era wiser.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous saw the light...

you went to Kbox??? -horrified- i despise you officially!! anyway i'm so glad you're on your way back, i'll see you in a few hours, how exciting is that! can't wait to see your curls! and don't worry abt packing, we all get thru it somehow :P

CALL ME!

2:53 pm  
Blogger How Drama saw the light...

camera whoring is the new in thing???????? whoa! At first I thought we might be thinking of diff things so I looked it up and a camera whore is:

"someone who is in every picture, who desperately needs to be in every picture, or just happens to be in every picture."

OR

"Teen girl(s) who spend their time taking 'seductive' pictures of themselves and friends, as well as abstract, 'arty' subjects, and then post them on the internet in livejournals. Subsequently live and die by the reactions these pictures get in the form of comments, usually coming from less popular girls in the form of high praise for 'cuteness' etc. A girl with no life outside her internet circle of popularity."

-taken from urbandictionary.com

That's the new fad?

11:21 am  
Blogger Unknown saw the light...

hey sis! you've been neglecting your blog or what huh?? cant believe i actually remembered your blog add after so long of not using the net..i'mma at my sch com lab now n gotta go for gp mock exam soon..my original comment was: "wats with you and the 'i'm no longer a virgin - (insert subject)' phrase?" haha..take care always..missing you..
your loving brother sam.

7:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous saw the light...

lynne> i hate not having the internet! *sob*

duckshoe> i will explain this in detail when i have the luxury of time. btw, did u see the Aug awards???? hhahaha...

sam> replied you! i will be back online soon (i hope)

7:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home