Monday, August 08, 2005

What?

I've maxed out.

Can't write anymore even if you were squeezing blood out of me.

There's something depressing writing in a corner of an empty newsroom... everyone has left. evidently in a holiday mood.

For the first time in a very long time, I heard someone in the background say 'Happy National Day!' I don't think I've heard that since primary school.

Also finally heard our National Day song - it is indeed as terrible as they say. But it is a bad habit of the media to criticise indulgently. As the saying goes, go do it yourself if you think you can do better. I suddenly have a horrifying image of mass of critics standing together trying to croak a tune, jumping around in one red and white area, as in the MTV of the extremely cheesy new national
song.

I'm a national day parade virgin. I know many are not. I don't know if I should be proud to be one. I'm not a patriot. But I heard that even the staunchest neutral party would have their heart-strings tugged at this national event - which is probably the only time people like me might vaguely feel patriotic. It's a strange one that I'm so much more patriotic when I'm abroad then when I'm here. One of those strange life ironies.

I put three half-hour parking coupons on display in the car today, separated by half-hour each. I know it's strange but I didn't have any one-hour coupons with me.

I think it's time I found out if I got away with it. *crosses fingers*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home